Sitting in a car, driving, listening to some band that frightened me at first but I kept listening because I thought I should.
Laying in bed in the morning, and afternoon, and night, when everything seems like it's going to end and euphoria is as gone as trust and chivalry. When everything seems like euphoria rules the world and quiet lullaby notes drown out the complaints and worries.
Sitting under a tree, not doing anything, watching dogs run around and catch frisbees, wondering why his breath is strained. Learning that there are reasons why his breath is strained. Walking against the wind carrying all my instruments, books, and burdens with my head down. Laying in the middle of my bedroom floor only hours after the beginning of something I didn't understand, waiting for a reply that I thought was for fairy tales and chick flicks, and being amazed that it came anyway. Sitting in a dark bus after a long day, wishing the clouds would move so I could see the moon.
White noise pictures are things that are just pictures with no feelings attached to them. White noise pictures are not memories or thoughts. White noise pictures are photographs lost in albums that no one will look at until decades from now when everything seems like it couldn't get any worse. White noise pictures are the things that put the restless to sleep and keep the awake aware. White noise pictures give the pessimists hope and a reason for optimists to keep on hoping. White noise pictures are colors, impressions, shapes, meaningless details that mean everything to the one looking at the picture. White noise pictures are lost works of art. White noise pictures are unappreciated sheets of paper covered with simplicity. White noise pictures are simplicity sketched into brains. White noise pictures dilute color, and bring color to the colorless. White noise pictures take away sound. White noise pictures take away hurt. White noise pictures, and all of the subjects within them, repair what was shattered. White noise pictures fix what can't be fixed. White noise pictures save hope. White noise pictures put chalk on the hands of the souls trying to hold on. White noise pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment